torsdag 3. mai 2012

- LEGO Minecraft Blocks -

The Ideal LEGO Minecraft Block concept?


I've been having this idea for a while, and thought it would be worth sharing.

Basically you'd only need a 2x2 plate, 2 brick surfaced 2x1 bricks, and a 2x2 tile with centered stud.
The construction is simple and works brilliantly!
Holding such bricks/blocks in your hands just gives you an unique feeling, I don't know if it's nostalgia or what.. but it's there.
if you have these pieces you should try just to get the feeling.
Stacking several on top just ads more to it! 



Is this the ideal LEGO Minecraft solution?


- Ragaru

2 kommentarer:

  1. This concept was actually used to create the first Minecraft prototypes for the first Minecraft CUUSOO Project. Works great doesn't it? I could never find out how to make them stable though.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hmm, I had no idea... but it does indeed work perfectly!

      Assuming you used a single 2x2 brick as the body and no 2x2 plate at the bottom, I do believe it would prove more unstable than the use of a plate.
      At least that's what I concluded with, the plate does provide a somewhat tighter connection with the center stud, but you'd have to test that out and judge for yourself.

      Anyway thank you for informing me about this.

      Slett